The Nature of Wisdom
- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" - perhaps better translated: "The awe..." or "respect for the Lord..." God-fearers are those who stand in awe of God, not those who cringe abjectly before Him.
- Solomon was especially favoured because he humbly prayed for wisdom preferring this gift above gifts of wealth or power.
- Wisdom is a gift of God greater and better than gold, silver or jewels. Proverbs 3 13 - 18
- Wisdom is God's agent in Creation. Proverbs 3 19 - 26
- "O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!"
- "How did this man (Jesus) get this wisdom?" Matthew 13 54
- Wisdom is personified. "She built a house." Proverbs 8 & 9. "She calls out and invites to her table."
- Get Wisdom and Insight Proverbs 4 1 - 8
- Wisdom comes from on high from God.
- Her characteristics: pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy, without partiality or hypocrisy.
How do we measure up to such standards?
Previous page | Main Start page | Wisdom Start page | Next page